Are you a tenured, strategic, self-starting program management professional looking for a new opportunity to dive in, build project management processes, and lead a team of passionate professionals with a thriving non-profit organization? Are you interested in working with a value-driven company that promotes western US agricultural products across the world? We may have the opportunity for you! Our Vancouver, Washington client is hiring a Strategic Program Director to join their team.
Our client is a non-profit trade association whose mission is to increase the international growth of western agribusiness by providing financial support, export readiness, and business development services to companies located in the thirteen Western United States, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. They achieve organizational excellence through efficient and effective people, systems, and processes!
The Strategic Program Director governs, administers, and manages all aspects of our client's programs including, results-driven team leadership and development, creating and implementing program strategy, projects, policies, and procedures consistent with federal, state, and company regulations and policy. Our client is looking for a professional who is tenacious, perseverant, and thrives in the unknown, building out processes, and working with and through their team to accomplish the company’s program objectives.
- Provide leadership and oversight of daily operations for multiple programs following federal funding regulations and internal company policies.
- Use program data to inform program strategic direction and forecasting.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the program changes as needed.
- Oversee the annual preparation, and submission of Unified Export Strategy (UES) application and ensure the delivery of activities for the programs from project management, and quality assurance, on time and within budget, following program strategy, plan, and program federal regulations.
- Track, monitor, and report on program results, funding utilization, and other program initiatives.
- Manage, research, and maintain budgets for activities within the assigned program; administer approved budgets and direct preparation and maintenance of detailed and comprehensive reports, records, and files supporting program operations and activities.
- Evaluate activities, programs, and strategic partners including the preparation and processing of requests for proposals.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports to meet federal funding requirements.
- Provide guidance and direction to direct reports, ensuring that projects are completed on time, on budget, efficiently managed, and meeting activity goals.
- Lead a team of employees, members, and contractors to support their initiatives and project milestones while creating an inspiring, collaborative team environment.
- Oversee and guide team members on program contributions.
- Support and guide sub-participants under company programs.
- Manage the company internship program.
- Ensure effective quality assurance and overall integrity of the program.
- Manage continuous improvement and performance evaluation processes, including goal setting, annual reviews, and professional development of direct reports.
- Manage and execute hiring plans, training, and retention activities and initiatives.
- Integrate best practices into day-to-day program operations.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity.
- Work collaboratively with other directors and leadership team to ensure fully integrated programs for all company participants receiving services.
- Support team on annual compliance review and financial audit
- Support planning and execution of company strategic planning and member meetings
- Attend and participate in all meetings as assigned, including but not limited to staff and team meetings, consultations with company participants, member states and territories, and other third-party partners and vendors.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers to promote quality, consistency, and efficiency in the company's operations.
- Promote a culture of trust, service, integrity, excellence, and accountability.
- Create, model, and maintain a work culture that supports and values inclusion, equity, and diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in non-profit, project management, program management, or related field; 2 years additional relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing and developing direct reports
- Demonstrated history of strong project management and organizational skills; ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks with exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strength in team management; passion for supporting and developing staff; strong ability to motivate team members and assess performance.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply, and teach federal and state rules and regulations related to the responsibility of the position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications and other cloud-based tools
- Requires the ability to travel overnight both domestically and internationally up to/at a minimum of 25%
- Ability to work a hybrid work model out of the Vancouver offices for a minimum of six plus months.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life-insurance coverage for employee. Family benefits included at a cost to the employee.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Participation in a 401k plan with employer match 100% up to 6%
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Plan
- Sick Paid Time Off Plan
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Recognition Program
Compensation Range Based on Experience:
This position is exempt with a wage band ranging from $95,000 to $125,000 per year.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Click Here to Apply